Monday, July 12, 2010

Where's The CITY OF DREAMS???????

Every sunup I breathe it, every night I dream it….. I feel it in my veins, I feel it in my soul, it’s the city I live in and I live for..Its the city which has a heart for every soul..Some say it’s a MYTH but I call it
“Mumbai-The city of dreams.”The city which is believed to grant every dream come true. The city where every mortal proudly labels itself as a MUMBAIKAR..

But of late, I ponder, does the city of dreams really stand by its name or is it that we MUMBAIKARS have forgotten the civic ways to lead life. Or is it that the lessons of Discipline, obedience, cleanliness, etc all exists within our homes, offices, schools, colleges, workplaces, etc. We are never charged fines or sued for messing our houses or office premises yet we are urbane enough to guard our foul habits. Unfortunately, this is short lived until the time we are out of our respective homes and workplaces.

It’s a pity, but I often hear people grumble “Mumbai is no more a place to live”. Getting to the core of the question we all have the answer to the question. Its ironic, but we all know the reason and the solution to the much nagged statement about Mumbai, which we all Mumbaikars deliberately overlook.

Nobody can deny the fact that Mumbai’s growing filthier and dirty day by day despite of the fact that around 77% of people residing in Mumbai are literate….SAD BUT TRUE.

My question arises again to all the Mumbaikars, for how long are we going to stay BLIND and DUMB????

When shall we start taking actions on our misdeeds MUMBAI??

So Mumbaikars WHERE”S OUR CITY OF DREAMS????????

3 comments: