Monday, July 12, 2010

City of Civil Animals?????????

Monday morning blues again….Its the start of a new week, a new Monday, a new morning with nothing new in it…The start of the new mornings with packed and rigid routines. The same old enervated wake- ups with eyes wide open but the me within me still fast asleep. I feel myself split into two, a part of me which entices me to stay connected with my dreams and a part of me which struggles to wake me up and get all set for work.

Now is the start of a new battle, a battle to get inside our respective trains swarming with fellow MUMBAIKARS, all battling to reach work on time, then begins a new war for the seats. Talking about getting in and out of the train, its ironical but every cultured MUMBAIKAR becomes a brutal brut because every one prefers getting in and out of the train at the same time from the same entrance irrespective of two entrances which could else help divert the unnecessary menace. A minute space can work wonders, in fact I should call it heavenly. Getting hold of a place to sit makes me feel so triumphant……I feel like untamed civilian every morning and every evening while returning from work…..I wonder where have my manners died, not only me, but where have our manners died ,MUMBAIKARS???

Everyday this little battles and struggles reminds me of the much told and heard tale of two goats trying to cross the bridge which was too narrow ( allowing only one to cross at a time) from opposite ends. Its funny but these two goats were civil enough to let each other cross the bridge, while one of them sits and waits patiently for the other to cross by moving over him. Commemorating about them I really wonder, Where have our manners died, MUMBAIKARS?? Why are these untamed beings behaving tamed and we the tamed behaving untamed… If they can why can’t we. I often feel like a civil animal living amongst other civil animals……..

So, When do you think we’ll be TAMED my fellow MUMBAIKARS???????.. Mumbai’s still waiting..

6 comments:

  1. some real good writing !! its sad but true n it happens every day !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mumbaikar plz wake up now its really high time

    ReplyDelete
  3. JAAKTE RAHE HOOOOOON MUMBAIKAR...SO MAT JAANA .....:D
    ITZ TIME 2 PARTY

    ReplyDelete
  4. veli true...due 2 such ignorance many ppl r dieing day by day...family dont knw whether dis helping hand will cum back or nt..MUMBAIKARS KNW U NEED 2 B AWARE ...ND NT ONLI MUMBAI BT DER R MANY PLACES WER SUCH ACCIDENTS OCCUR ..SO I MUST SAY JAAGO INDIA JAAGO

    ReplyDelete